Dr.-Ing. Sumanth Ranganathan
Phone: +49 (0) 9421 187-329
Fax: +49 (0) 9421 187-310
TUM Campus Straubing
Germany, 94315 Straubing
Schulgasse 16, Room: 1.A08
- Awarded the “Wissenschaftspreis” (Translation: Science Prize) by the “Hochschulstadt Straubing e.V.” in the Doctorate category (2019)
- Postdoctoral research scientist at the Chair of Chemistry of Biogenic Raw Materials, Technical University of Munich (From 2018)
- Doctorate at the Chair of Chemistry of Biogenic Resources, Technical University of Munich, Prof. V. Sieber (2013 – 2017)
- Master Thesis at the Institute of Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering at the Hamburg University of Technology (2012)
- Master of Science in Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering at the Hamburg University of Technology (2009 – 2012)
- Bachelor Thesis at the Department of Zoology, Madras University (2009)
- Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology at Anna University (2005-2009)
- Chemo-enzymatic process design
- Process optimisation and development
- Ranganathan S, Sieber V (2018) Recent Advances in the Direct Synthesis of Hydrogen Peroxide Using Chemical Catalysis— A Review, Catalysts 8(9), 379
- Ranganathan, S., Sieber, V. (2017) Development of Semi-Continuous Chemo-Enzymatic Terpene Epoxidation: Combination of Anthraquinone Autooxidation and the Lipase-Mediated Epoxidation Process React. Chem. Eng., 2017,
- Ranganathan, S., Zeitlhofer, S., Sieber, V. (2017) Development of a lipase-mediated epoxidation process for monoterpenes in choline chloride-based deep eutectic solvents Green Chemistry, 19(11), 2576-2586.
- Ranganathan S, Tebbe J, Wiemann LO, Sieber V (2016) Optimization of the lipase mediated epoxidation of monoterpenes using the design of experiments—Taguchi method. Process Biochemistry.
- Ranganathan, S., Gärtner, T., Wiemann, L. O. & Sieber, V. (2015). A one pot reaction cascade of in situ hydrogen peroxide production and lipase mediated in situ production of peracids for the epoxidation of monoterpenes. Journal of Molecular Catalysis B: Enzymatic 114, 72-76.