Ammar Al-Shameri, Dr.-Ing.
Phone: +49 (0) 9421 187-322
Fax: +49 (0) 9421 187-310
TUM Campus Straubing
Schulgasse 16, Room: 1.A07
- Since September 2020: Research assistant at the Chair of Chemistry of Biogenic Resources
- 2016 -2020: PhD at the Department biochemistry for gas-converting biocatalysts, TU Berlin, Thesis topic: “Powering biocatalytical reactions with hydrogen”.
- 4th place top researcher climate change, Berlin
- 2013 – 2016: Master’s degree in Industrial Biotechnology, TU Berlin
- 2014 – 2016: Laboratory assistant at Charite Berlin, Institute of medical and human genetics
- 2010 – 2014: Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology, TU Berlin
- 2012: Industrial internship Environmental Biotechnology UG Berlin
- 2014: Member of iGEM, TU Berlin
I am working on hydrogenases, these biocatalysts are very interesting for sustainability because they can produce and use green hydrogen. In my research I couple hydrogenases with other enzymes in enzymatic cascades for the production of fine chemicals or for the production of green hydrogen from biogenic resources like sugars. At the same time, I try to optimize the properties of hydrogenases such as activity, stability at high temperatures, and the broadening of the substrate spectrum by enzyme engineering. Furthermore, I am working on the establishment of enzymatic flow systems for the production of fine molecules
- Ammar Al-Shameri, Niels Borlinghaus, Leonie Weinmann, Philipp N. Scheller, Bettina M. Nestl and Lars Lauterbach, 2019, Green Chem., 21: 1396–1400
- Borlinghaus N., Weinmann L., Krimpzer F., Scheller P.N., Al-Shameri A., Lauterbach L., Coquel A.-S., Lattemann C., Hauer B., and Nestl B.M. 2019 ChemCatChem 11: 1-7
- Ammar Al-Shameri, Marie-Christine Petrich, Kai junge Puring, Ulf-Peter Apfel, Bettina Nestl and Lars Lauterbach, 2020, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 59: 10929-10933
- Ammar Al-Shameri, Sébastien J.-.P. Willot, Caroline E. Paul, Frank Hollmann, and Lars Lauterbach 2020, ChemComm 2020 56: 9667-9670.
- Christian Johannes Schipp, Ying Ma, Ammar Al-Shameri; Federico D’Alessio, Peter Neubauer, Roberto Contestabile, Nediljko Budisa, Martino Luigi di Salvo, 2020 ChembioChem