Efficient waste utilization – cell-free fermentation of lactose and recovery of residual proteins from agricultural wastewater streams (ProLac)
- Fields of expertise: Biocatalysis, enzyme engineering, agricultural science, process development
- Duration:1.2021 – 31.12.2023
- Funding: Ressortforschungsrahmen des Bayerischen Staatsministeriums für Ernährung, Landwirtschaft und Forsten (2019-2023)
- Project partners: Bayerische Landesanstalt für Landwirtschaft (LfL), Freising
- Project description: One part of the project aims at the integration of saccharide-containing residual streams from agro-industrial processing into an established enzyme cascade and its optimization for the profitable production of bulk and/or platform chemicals. Another part aims at the extraction and modification of proteins from process streams of agro-industrial processing with focus of the integration of the technology into existing production processes.